
I received the best phone call yesterday. Erika called to tell me that she met with her oncologist yesterday to go over the latest set of body scans. And.... her words, "all tumors are dead." WHAT!! People... this is awesome news, and frankly, as I've said over and over again, I'm not surprised given Erika's tough attitude. She has 2 small tumors left that are basically dead and shrinking! The doctor said that this is unprecedented and absolutely excellent. (well, of course) Erika no longer needs to have chemo and will just stay on her daily cancer killer drug, and she doesn't need another body scan until December. So... all is beyond well... she needs some physical therapy (who wouldn't after being laid up for so long) and she's so happy to be zipping around town again in her favorite set of wheels. Yeah!! Really, if you do nothing else in the next few days, at least raise a glass, do a little jig, or continue saying your prayers and sending all those good vibes that worked. It's still a life long fight, but she's proven stronger than cancer for sure.
Wooohoooo!
No comments:
Post a Comment